The Keystone Clash uses MyGroupAuctions.com to manage the auction. In order to Buy or Sell you must be registered on MyGroupAuctions.com and join the Aquarium Club of Lancaster County Group. Since we will have a limited number of people and computers available Sunday morning, it is highly recommended that you register beforehand at MyGroupAuctions.com
Rules for the Seller:
1. This is a public auction and participation is open to anyone who is interested in selling aquarium fish, equipment, literature, food cultures, artwork or related aquatic items only. This is an all fish-all aquatic animal and related auction. Keystone Clash Auction staff reserves the right to accept or reject any item brought to the auction to be sold.
2. Registration – The event will be using MyGroupAuctions.com to manage the auction. You must register your items at any time once the on-line registration opens, up until the close of registration on September 24. Use photos to help sell your listings, as your description will be displayed from the auction database when your item comes up for bid. On site item registration begins at 9:00 AM on Sunday, September 24th and continues until 11:59 AM.
Anyone registering items for the auction will receive 1 RED sticker for each 4 items registered up until 11:30 AM. Every item designated as a donation to the event will be gold tagged. These RED items will be auctioned at the beginning of the auction. You may list any items that you are bringing for auction on the ACLC, CCY and Keystone Clash Facebook pages. Items arriving after 11:30 AM will not get RED stickers.
3. Most used aquatic equipment and decor is acceptable for the auction. The following items are prohibited from being sold at the auction: Used light bulbs of any kind (unless included and installed in a fixture), open containers of food or medicine, used carbons or filter resins. Aquariums and electronic items must be clearly marked as to condition. The event staff reserves the right to reject any item judged as unsuitable for auction.
4. All items will be distributed among the colored selling tables (red, blue, green, and yellow). Bags of one color will be auctioned first, then the next, and so on. The red colored tags will be auctioned first along with gold tagged donation livestock mixed in. After red items are gone, the remaining colors will be drawn at the end of the previous colors' items. The order will RED, BLUE, GREEN and YELLOW. Donated (Gold tagged) dry goods will be auctioned at random throughout the auction
5. All items must be properly labeled. All items must have lot number, proper description, seller’s name, seller’s phone number and/or email address, quantity and condition. Fish must have scientific name, quantity and sex distribution, if known. Accepted terms are PAIR=1 male/1 Female same species, TRIO=1 male/2 females same species, REVERSE TRIO = 1 female/2 males same species. Any other combinations must be marked as to # of males/females or as # of fish sex unknown. Event staff reserves the right to reject any items not properly labeled.
6. All fish and plants to be auctioned must be properly bagged. NO Ziplocks or baggies! Any fish that the auction staff determines unsuitable will be rejected and the seller will be able to re-bag the item or the ACLC/CCY will rebag the fish properly for a $3 rebagging fee. The event will have a limited number of bags of various sizes available for sale the day of the auction.
7. Sellers are limited to the following:
a. No more than 5 lots of a single species/color morph/fin type
b. No more than 5 lots of dry goods
8. The split is: for ALL items, First dollar to the Keystone Clash, 70%of the remainder to the seller, 30% to the Keystone Clash.
9. No item may be removed from the auction once it has been registered unless it does not sell.
10. No sick or deformed fish will be accepted. If these are found they will not be auctioned and they will be returned to the seller.
11. Any unclaimed items at the end of the auction become the property of the Aquarium Club of Lancaster County and the Cichlid Club of York.
12. NO Private Sales or resale of purchased auction items is allowed on the premises except by vendors authorized by the event staff.
13. Livestock restricted by either federal or Pennsylvania statutes will not be accepted. This includes ALL CRAYFISH. It is the responsibility of the seller to check with the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission and the PA DCNR to make sure you are in compliance.
14. Minimum bids will be accepted. Minimum bid must be in whole dollars. The minimum bid may be reduced at seller’s request, at the time of auction if the minimum is not attained. If items that do not reach the minimum bid are not claimed by their entrant by the end of the auction, the minimum will be lifted and the items sold for whatever price that can be obtained.
15. Payment to sellers will be sent after the auction along with a seller’s settlement sheet and a copy of the seller sheet. No payments will be made on the day of the auction.
Seller Note: Registration of your items constitutes your acceptance of these rules as written
Rules for the Buyer:
1. All buyers must register with the registration committee and receive a bidder’s card. The cost of a bidder card is $5 for those who did not purchase the “Clash Package”. The bidder card is included in the cost of any registration for that package ONLY. No items will be sold to anyone without a bidder’s card. All Buyers must run a tab, runners will not accept any payments. Buyers may pay with cash, check or credit card. Buyers running a tab must provide a valid drivers license which will be held by the auction registration committee until final bill is paid in full. Any checks returned to the ACLC for any reason will incur an additional $35.00 fee.
2. All items purchased must be removed on the day of the auction.
3. ALL SALES ARE FINAL! All items are being sold “as is, where is” with all faults, known and unknown. Please inspect any items you are interested in thoroughly to your satisfaction before purchasing anything. Once the auctioneer announces an item sold, ownership immediately transfers to the winning bidder. Your signature on your receipt is acceptance of lot and its stated price.
4. You are responsible for your purchases and the security of them once you sign receipt. Neither the ACLC, CCY or their auction staff or committee, nor the venue where the auction is being held will be responsible for the security of your items or the accuracy of the conditions or descriptions of lots once purchased.
5. After all RED items have been auctioned, express bids will be available for $3. Express bid request slips will be available from auction staff and lots that are expressed will be brought to the queue table after express fee is paid. All expressed items will immediately be placed at the front of the queue and auctioned off as soon as possible in the order they were expressed.
6. The Auctioneer's decision on all bids is FINAL!
7. No one will be allowed to remove any items from the auction room without proof of payment. Receipts for all sales will be provided by the Keystone Clash staff.
Buyer’s Note: Your acceptance of a Bidder Card constitutes your acceptance of these rules as written